Ten independent beauty brands have been selected as the winners of The 2019 Indie Beauty Innovator (IBI) Awards.
Presented by the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) Association, the awards (formerly the CITY Awards) were created to "celebrate innovation across product development, brand stewardship and overall talent in the beauty industry."
"Innovation is the lifeblood of our industry," states ICMAD President, Dr. Ken Marenus. "The personal care and cosmetics industry is experiencing exponential growth thanks to brands disrupting through innovation and redefining the face of beauty."
The awards, which honored winners across 11 categories, were held on Monday, July 29, 2019, in Las Vegas.
2019 IBI Award Winners:
- Accessories/Tools/Brushes: NuFace, Fix Line Smoothing Device
- Bath & Body: Queen V, Rub Me The Right Way
- Fragrance: Raw Spirit Inc, Wild Spirit Discovery Set
- Innovator Brand of the Year: NuFace Haircare: Virtue Labs, Virtue ColorKick
- Makeup: Beautyblender, Bounce Liquid Whipped Long Wear Foundation
- Men's: Caldera + Lab, The Good
- Skincare: SPF Ventures, Brush On Block Protective Lip Oil SPF 32
- Green Innovator Brand of the Year: Distil Skincare, AO Skincare
- Charitable Company: Handcrafted Honey Bee, Smarty Pits
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Alicia Grande of Grande Cosmetics
"Our annual awards program shines a spotlight on the most innovative beauty brands and entrepreneurs who are pushing the boundaries with transformative products and solutions to meet the needs of the ever-evolving global marketplace. This year's awards were a wonderful celebration of excellence and ingenuity and we congratulate all the finalists and companies honored with the 2019 IBI Award."