Ao Skincare + 1% for the Planet
From our blog
Phasing out plastics entirely and developing effective and sustainable packaging alternatives is a massive issue that requires systematic, holistic thinking and united action from consumers, brands and regulators, to ensure that we don’t shift the burden to other areas like taking a toll on non-renewable resources, increasing waste and worsening greenhouse emissions. Learn more:
- The Plastics Problem: A Pressing Issue for the Beauty Industry that Requires a Long-Term Solution,
- Why Sustainable Packaging is Critical for a Sustainable Future,
- Sustainable Packaging Trends and Challenges for Skincare Brands,
- Rethinking Plastic Packaging – Towards a Zero-Waste, Circular Economy, and
- 3 Things That You Can Easily Start Doing Now (And Make a Huge Impact Towards a More Sustainable Future).
Choose Ao Skincare
Better for you skin. Better for the planet.
Here at Ao, we take sustainability seriously. Protecting your skin health and the environment has been at the core of our values since day one. Read on to find out some of the key things we are doing to protect our planet. We’d love to hear what you’re doing! Tell us in the comments or reach out to us on Instagram or Facebook.
- At Ao, we source the majority of our pristine ingredients locally, from the remote New Zealand wilderness, and partner with EWG and Credo Beauty to assure you that our ingredients meet the strictest standards for your health.
- We follow gold standard practices through every step of our supply chain. Our formulas are manufactured using an innovative and environmentally-friendly method known as cold processing, which not only preserves the integrity and potency of our delicate active ingredients but also significantly reduces resource consumption during manufacturing - in particular energy and time. Most traditional methods rely on heating and cooling processes that account for over 90% of the total energy costs for the production of an emulsion.
- Our outer packaging is made out of FSC Certified recycled cardboard. We use an innovative glueless design in which boxes are held shut employing either tension or a locking mechanism. Additionally, we use no gloss or laminas during printing, to ensure that the cardboard remains 100% recyclable.
- Our shipping processes are plastic-free. We use recycled paper shipping envelopes or bags, and no bubble wrap, polystyrene or plastic wrapping around shipping pallets.
- Our airless pump tubes and containers can sent back to us (free of charge) to be recycled through TerraCycle Beauty Products Zero Waste Boxes™.
- We periodically revisit our product packaging to improve our environmental impact and reduce unnecessary waste and resource consumption. Currently, we are working on a Full Airless Recycling Program (currently no other brands we know offer this), and a Reusable Program (refills). Stay tuned for more, either by signing up to our newsletter, or following us on Instagram or Facebook.
- Our ultimate goal is to develop a fully biodegradable airless container solution.
Ao Skincare Products About Ao Ao Ingredients Blog
"My skin felt soothed, nourished, and hydrated. After a few weeks of use I actually noticed a difference in my very dry skin. I do think it is worth the investment."
“This retinal product is having a magical effect. My skin is more radiant, feels silky but firm, and I can already see a reduction in surface lines.”
"If you're looking to amp up your skin care routine, Ao Skincare's Cold Processed serum is one of our faves. Manuka honey provides moisture retention, while the 3 vitamins firm the skin."
free delivery (orders over $100)
60-day money back guarantee
TRY BEAUTY FROM THE BRINK
Give Ao a go. Take 60 days to try our award winning products. If you’re not convinced, we’ll take them back, no questions asked.